Coast Guard Vessel Documentation Plaque
Client's also ask us for this item by all of the following names: Coast Guard registration plaque, USCG vessel placard, Coast Guard vessel documentation plaque, Coast Guard documentation plaque, USCG documentation number plaque, Coast Guard documentation number plate, USCG numbers plaque, Coast Guard documentation board, boat documentation board, boat documentation sign, documentation board, Coast Guard documented vessel sign, hull identification number sign, and HIN sign.
- A Boat Documentation plate displays the identification number assigned to boat hulls by the United States Coast Guard.
- 46 C.F.R. § 67.121 is the official number marking requirement and states: "The official number of the vessel, preceded by the abbreviation "NO." must be marked in block-type Arabic numerals not less than three inches in height on some clearly visible interior structural part of the hull. The number must be permanently affixed to the vessel so that alteration, removal, or replacement would be obvious. If the official number is on a separate plate, the plate must be fastened in such a manner that its removal would normally cause some scarring of or damage to the surrounding hull area." Permanent installation would therefore require screws and adhesive.
- Comfort House recommends coating the back of your documentation plate with 3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 (Comfort House item # P2613) and then screwing the plaque to a stringer or bulkhead where it would be readily visible for inspection and also make for a permanent installation.
- A permanently affixed engraved plaque does comply with the Coast Guard requirements.
- Manufactured of solid red oak.
- While not mandatory, Comfort House recommends that this oak documentation board receive at least one coat of high quality marine varnish or polyurethane before mounting.
- Characters are permanently engraved into plaque, not painted or printed on.
- Supplied with four 3/16" mounting holes and stainless screws.
- Dimensions: 20"W x 4.5"H x 1/2".
- Color: natural wood.
- And please -- be sure that your six- or seven-digit identification number is entered correctly, because we cannot provide a refund for any numerical error on your part.
- Comfort House P2630.
Q: Is "NO." automatically included on the plaque?
Q: Can you make this same plaque with my boat name or other markings?
A: Yes, up to 10 characters, and in custom sizes for longer names. For up to 10 characters enter the word special in the Vessel Number field and enter your wording and/or numbers in the comments area of the order form. For more than 10 characters, please contact us using the Request Custom Quote link at the top of this page.
Q: Can you make this plaque with Canadian vessel documentation requirements?
A: Yes, please see our Canadian Vessel Registry Plate # P3191.
Client's also ask for this item by the following names: Coast Guard registration plaque, USCG vessel placard, Coast Guard vessel documentation plaque, Coast Guard documentation plaque, USCG documentation number plaque, Coast Guard documentation number plate, USCG numbers plaque, Coast Guard documentation board, boat documentation board, boat documentation sign, documentation board, Coast Guard documented vessel sign, hull identification number sign, uscg documentation placqard, vessel hull plaques, and HIN sign.
Thank you for supporting small business.