Canadian Vessel Registry Plate
Canadian Vessel Registry Plate - - When properly applied, this 15" x 5" plaque fits the Government of Canada Department of Marine Transportation requirements for registered vessels. Custom made for you in the USA.
- This Boat Documentation placard displays the registration number required for interior markings per the Canadian Department of Marine Transportation.
- In Canada, you may either register or license a pleasure craft. A commercial vessel must be registered unless exempted from registration under the Vessel Registration and Tonnage Regulations, subsection 1.1, "Exempted Classes of Vessels."
- In Canada you must also register your pleasure craft if you require a marine mortgage on the vessel.
- Just to confuse you, Canadians normally "license" a pleasure boat and "register" a ship, while in the U.S. you "register" a pleasure boat and "document" a ship.
- The net registered tonnage preceded by the abbreviation "N.R.T." must be marked in block-type Arabic numerals not less than 4 cm (1.6") in height and the registration number preceded by the abbreviation "O.N." on some clearly visible interior structural part of the hull.
- The required number plate must be permanently affixed to the vessel so that alteration, removal, or replacement would be obvious by causing some scarring or damage to the surrounding hull area.
- Permanent installation therefore requires both screws and adhesive.
- Comfort House recommends coating the back of your documentation plate with 3™ Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 (Comfort House item #: P2613) and then screwing the plaque to a stringer or bulkhead where it is readily visible for inspection and also makes for a permanent installation.
- This Comfort House Canadian Vessel Registry Plate is manufactured with laminated non-rusting high-quality acrylic plastic.
- Characters are permanently engraved into plaque, not painted or printed on.
- Supplied with four 3/16" mounting holes and stainless screws.
- Dimensions: 15"W x 5"H x 1/8".
- Color: black with white characters.
- And please -- be sure that your registration number is entered correctly, because we cannot provide a refund for any numerical error on your part.
- Comfort House P3190.