International ShippingATTENTION CANADA CUSTOMERS: On October 10, 2013 we began participating in a special program with UPS that reduces your brokerage fee for non-commercial orders valued up to $200(CAD) shipped via UPS Ground. Brokerage fees will now be a flat $10(CAD) up to $200. Beyond $200 the normal UPS brokerage fees will apply (http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html). Orders up to $20(CAD) value via UPS Ground will continue to have free brokerage. Brokerage fees are always included in any UPS Air Service to Canada so the new rate applies to UPS Ground only. See complete details about this new program at the bottom of this page.
Comfort House ships worldwide! Order on-line and select a UPS or postal service (USPS) method. All methods are explained on a link directly beneath the selection box. The rates confirmed on-line may not be your actual rates. Our shipping department will usually contact you by email in 1-3 business days (allow longer during November and December) if ship rates in addition to the rate quoted in your shopping cart will be necessary to your location. If you are contacted, we will then wait for your approval before we proceed with your order. If you prefer to receive a custom quote from a human, choose method "Send quote." Some furniture, chairs, appliances, and large or fragile items may not be able to be shipped internationally and we will contact you in such an event.
- If your international order is a first-time order with Comfort House, fax a copy of the front and reverse of your credit card to us at 973-242-0131. If payment is made by Paypal, fax documents in English that will verify your identity instead of a credit card copy. If you do not have access to a fax, we will accept an in-line JPEG image of your credit card or documents via email. In some instances, we may respond to your documents by asking for additional information to be sent.
- We will not discuss or negotiate the above mentioned order security procedures. If you do not wish to comply with our security procedures, but would like to complete your order, please mail your payment to us at the address shown below. If your order is being shipped to a US address but paid for by an International card, the same security procedures apply.
- Please be sure to contact your local custom and taxing authorities to determine if you will be charged any duties or taxes upon receipt of your delivery. Brokerage fees may also be due to the package carrier upon delivery (brokerage fees are already included in the rate for UPS Worldwide service). To prevent delays upon delivery, please have funds ready for duties, taxes, and brokerage fees.
- No refunds will be issued for undeliverable or refused deliveries on International shipments.
- All prices shown are in US Dollars and payable in US Dollars. Here is a currency converter that we recommend: http://finance.yahoo.com/m3?u.
- Upon receipt of your approval to process an order, your credit card will be billed. Because of the various ship methods that we use to fill orders to international destinations, there may be delays between the time your order is billed and shipped.
- All electrical products are made for use with US 120V unless otherwise
noted. We do not warrant the suitability of any product for use outside USA.
- If you are not paying by credit card, payment can be accepted in U.S. Dollars with a check drawn on a U.S. Bank or International postal money order. Mail your payment to:
189-V Frelinghuysen Ave
Newark, NJ 07114 USA
- Wire transfer is available for orders over US$1000. Please contact us for transfer instructions.
- New Zealand
New UPS Program to Canada - The following wording is required by UPS to appear on our website for the new reduced fee brokerage program we are enrolled in:
"Canada Customs requires Canadian recipients to pay applicable duties and taxes on each shipment entering Canada . These charges may include PST, GST, HST, duties and other taxes of goods (e.g. excise tax). A brokerage fee is also charged to process shipments and present the requisite customs paperwork to Canada Customs on the importerís behalf.
Your order will be shipped under UPSís e-Tailer Brokerage Program (eBP), where eligible shipments imported into Canada for non-commercial purposes and valued under CAD$200 shipped via UPS Standard service are subject to a reduced brokerage fee of CAD$10, plus any applicable duties and taxes. Shipments valued at CAD$200 and above and/or being imported to Canada for commercial purposes and/or subject to specialized clearance may incur additional fees.
Please, be aware that UPS will request payment of these charges at the time of delivery. You have the ability to call UPS ahead of time (1-800-742-5877) to pay these charges, eliminating the need for payment on delivery."
section: Terms and Conditions