Recipes from 1980s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book
Recipes & Cookery Tips from 1980s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book - - is a reproduction of Daily Mirror newspaper pages in a smaller 7.5" x 11" format. Personalized with the name you supply embossed on the cover and a message from you on the opening page. Deluxe hardback edition with purple leatherette cover.
- Enjoy this special collection of cooking tips, food news, advertisements, and recipees exactly as they were printed during the 80s in one of Britain's well-known newspapers, the Daily Mail. To give as a gift to friends, relatives, colleagues, and yourself!
- Each volume includes copious original advertising, general interest columns including horoscopes, shopping tips, and food-related features, some of which contain recipes.
- Note 1: Measurements follow the metric system, oven temperatures are given in Celsius, and some ingredients may not be familiar to U.S. cooks.
- Note 2: Due to the page size, the print is small and may be difficult to read without a magnifier.
- Personalization details:
- Presented To is standard as shown in small image on right.
- Name line holds up to 22 characters.
- Two message lines with up to 30 characters per line.
- Some historical context: The 80s were marked by the widening gap between the well-off and everyone else, and the contrast is evident in 1980s food trends. Upscale and expensive nouvelle cuisine was extremely popular, as was the rise of cheap fast foods. Microwave ovens had also revolutionized cooking, and with half of Brits owning one, their diet was bound to change!
- "Recipes & Cookery Ideas from 1980s British Newspapers" provides a special view of British life and how people of the 80s craved both new food experiences and convenience. makes a great gift for history buffs and people interested in how food news, cooking trends, and recipes tend to reflect the social, economic, and political events of the time.
- Book size: 7.5"W x 11"H.
- Special order.
- Comfort House P2765.