Food News from 1970s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book
Recipes & Cookery Tips from 1970s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book - - is a reproduction of Daily Mirror newspaper pages in a smaller 7.5" x 11" format. Personalized with the name you supply embossed on the cover and a message from you on the opening page. Deluxe hardback edition with purple leatherette cover.
- Enjoy this special collection of cooking tips, food news, and recipes exactly as they were printed during the 70s in one of Britain's well-known newspapers, the Daily Mail. To give as a gift to friends, relatives, colleagues, and yourself!
- Each volume includes copious original advertising, general interest columns including horoscopes, shopping tips, and food-related features, some of which contain recipes.
- Note 1: Measurements follow the metric system, oven temperatures are given in Celsius, and some ingredients may not be familiar to U.S. cooks.
- Note 2: Due to the page size, the print is small and may be difficult to read without a magnifier.
- Personalization details:
- Presented To is standard as shown in small image on right.
- Name line holds up to 22 characters.
- Two message lines with up to 30 characters per line.
- With tips on how to cook frozen veggies and prepare iconic 70s foods such as the baked Alaska, this book of recipes will bring a nostalgic flavor back to your kitchen.
- Some historical background: By the end of the decade about 1/2 of British households would own a freezer and 2/3 of mothers were working outside the home. Easy family meals were a must in the 70s, and recipes from this decade certainly reflect this trend. (Mention at major events, such as the Vietnam War, can also be seen on the original news pages.)
- The content of this book is exactly as it was printed in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper during the 1970s, including all original advertising.
- "Recipes and Cookery Ideas from 1970s British Newspapers" provides a special view of British life and how people of the 70s were learning to use frozen foods to prepare easy family meals. makes a great gift for history buffs and people interested in how food news, cooking trends, and recipes tend to reflect the social, economic, and political events of the time.
- Book size: 7.5"W x 11"H.
- Special order. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
- Comfort House P2761.