Recipes from 1960s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book
Recipes from 1960s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book - - is a reproduction of Daily Mirror newspaper pages in a smaller 7.5" x 11" format. Personalized with the name you supply embossed on the cover and a message from you on the opening page. Deluxe hardback edition with purple leatherette cover.
- Each volume includes copious original advertising, general interest columns including horoscopes, shopping tips, and food-related features, some of which contain recipes.
- Note 1: Measurements follow the metric system, oven temperatures are given in Celsius, and some ingredients may not be familiar to U.S. cooks.
- Note 2: Due to the page size, the print is small and may be difficult to read without a magnifier.
- Personalization details:
- Presented To is standard as shown in small image on right.
- Name line holds up to 22 characters.
- Two message lines with up to 30 characters per line.
- Enjoy this special collection of cooking tips, food news, feature columns, and recipes exactly as they were printed during the 60s in one of Britain's well-known newspapers, the Daily Mail. To give as a gift to friends, relatives, colleagues, and yourself!
- Some historical context: A growing immigrant population from the former British colonies expanded Britain's appetite for more exotic meals such as curry. Supermarkets became increasingly popular during this decade, ending daily shopping trips. People could fill their new refrigerators with food for the entire week, and convenience was king.
- The content of this book is exactly as it was printed in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper during the 1960s, including all original advertising.
- "Recipes & Cookery Ideas from 1960s British Newspapers" provides a special view of British life and how people of the 60s craved both new food experiences and convenience.
- Makes a great gift for history buffs and people interested in how food news, cooking trends, and recipes tend to reflect the social, economic, and political events of the time.
- Book size: 7.5"W x 11"H.
- Special order.
- Comfort House P2762.