Recipes from 1950s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book
Recipes from 1950s British Newspapers Personalized Newspaper Book - - is a reproduction of Daily Mirror newspaper pages in a smaller 7.5" x 11" format. Personalized with the name you supply embossed on the cover and a message from you on the opening page. Deluxe hardback edition with purple leatherette cover.
- Each volume includes copious original advertising, general interest columns including horoscopes, shopping tips, and food-related features, some of which contain recipes.
- Note 1: Measurements follow the metric system, oven temperatures are given in Celsius, and some ingredients may not be familiar to U.S. cooks.
- Note 2: Due to the page size, the print is small and may be difficult to read without a magnifier.
- Personalization details:
- Presented To is standard as shown in small image on right.
- Name line holds up to 22 characters.
- Two message lines with up to 30 characters per line.
- Enjoy this special collection of vintage recipes and cooking tips exactly as they were printed during the 50s in one of Britain's venerable newspapers, the Daily Mail.
- Some historical context: Rationing, which began in 1940, finally ended in 1954, and so this decade is still feeling the influences of the war. Housewives were still looking for ways to be more creative with rations. The second half of the decade ushered in profound changes. Recipes began to feature more indulgent ingredients, and people of the 50s said goodbye to rationing with hearty meals.
- The content of this book is exactly as it was printed in Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper during the 1950s, including all original advertising.
- "Recipes and Cookery Ideas from 1950s British Newspapers" provides a special view of British life and how people of the 50s craved both new food experiences and convenience.
- Makes a great gift for history buffs and people interested in how food news, cooking trends, and recipes tend to reflect the social, economic, and political events of the time.
- Book size: 7.5"W x 11"H.
- Special order.
- Comfort House P2764.