| Royal Pedic Premiere Natural Organic Cotton with Wool Mattress - - includes a chemical-free, French wool wrap and layering of organic cotton. The French wool, directly beneath the covering, provides a natural fire barrier to the inner organic cotton layers to pass Federal laws. Firm, orthopedic support.
On the Royal Pedic firmness scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is most firm and 5 is most plush, the rating for this mattress is 1. You can achieve a plusher feel by adding a Royal Pedic organic pillowtop pad, available in 2", 3", 4" and 5" thickness (see Related Products). The 2" pillowtop pad over this mattress provides a firmness rating of 2, the 3" pillowtop pad over this mattress provides a firmness rating of 3, etc.
FAVORITE COMFORT FEATURE: Multiple layers of pristine, organic staple cotton padding and French wool wrap are free of chemical sprays.
To purchase a mattress and box spring set, see top item in Related Products.
- Mattress is 8.5" deep.
- Organic staple cotton padding is hand-layered on each side of the innerspring unit to ensure consistent support for sleeping.
- More than 50 pounds of pre-compressed organic staple cotton go into the king-size bed.
- Mattress contains no polyurethane foam padding.
- 10-ounce 100 percent organic cotton canvas fabric supports the layers of organic cotton and prevents it from pocketing into the coils.
- The layers of organic cotton are surrounded by layering of chemical- free French wool. It provides a natural fire barrier to meet Federal and State codes without the use of toxic chemicals. In addition, the wool provides resistance to dust mites, dissipates moisture, and has natural temperature stabilizing properties.
- The inner organic cotton padding and wool wrap is encased in luxurious 100 percent organic cotton ticking woven in Germany, which ventilates body heat, is free of chemicals, and has a sateen smooth feel. (In contrast, most brands of mattresses use shinny polyester fabrics that contain chemical flame retardant.)
- Mattress is hand-tufted the old fashioned way with European tufting straps to further pre-compress the organic cotton padding for orthopedic back support. Royal-Pedic does not use buttons to tuft mattresses because buttons tend to turn on their side and create an uncomfortable sleeping surface.
- Sizes: twin 38x75; twin xl 38x80; full 53x75; queen 60x80; cal king 72x84; eastern king 76x80. What is the difference between a (California king and Eastern king?).
Complete information on Royal Pedic delivery services, trial period, and return policy.
Need a special size mattress? Royal Pedic mattresses can be made to order in just about any size and shape you desire. Read more about a RoyalPedic custom made mattress.