| Royal-Pedic Premiere Natural Organic Cotton Mattress Set - - complete 8" - 8.5" Tufted Top innerspring mattress and matching box spring. This mattress is the firmest organic cotton mattress construction available from Royal-Pedic. Provides firm, buoyant, orthopedic support.
On a firmness scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is most firm and 5 is most plush, the rating for this mattress is 1. You can achieve a plusher feel by adding a Royal Pedic organic pillowtop pad, available in 2", 3", 4" and 5" thickness (see Related Products). The 2" pillowtop pad over this mattress provides a firmness rating of 2, the 3" pillowtop pad over this mattress provides a firmness rating of 3, etc.
FAVORITE COMFORT FEATURE: Multiple layers of pristine, organic staple cotton padding is free of chemical sprays and fire retardant.
To purchase mattress only, see top item in Related Products.
- Mattress is 8" - 8.5" deep.
- Organic staple cotton padding is hand-layered on each side of the innerspring unit to ensure consistent support for sleeping.
- More than 50 pounds of pre-compressed organic staple cotton go into the king-size bed.
- Mattress contains no polyurethane foam padding.
- 10-ounce heavy-duty organic cotton fabric supports the layers of organic cotton and prevents it from pocketing into the coils
- The Swiss-designed 800i Royal Flex® innerspring system provides excellent support and durability.
- The innerspring unit contains double the amount of coils compared to the industry standard. The coils in the mattress are open ended, unknotted, six-turn coils providing more flexibility, which means greater sensitivity to body contours, overall body support, and relaxation.
- T-Spring side supports are installed around the perimeter of the spring system to provide edge firmness and support.
- The inner organic cotton padding is encased in luxurious 100 percent organic cotton ticking woven in Germany, which ventilates body heat, is free of chemicals, and has a sateen smooth feel. (In contrast, most brands of mattresses use shinny polyester fabrics that contain chemical flame retardant.)
- Mattress is hand-tufted the old fashioned way with European tufting straps to further pre-compress the organic cotton padding for orthopedic back support. Royal-Pedic does not use buttons to tuft mattresses because buttons tend to turn on their side and create an uncomfortable sleeping surface.
- Box Spring: Royal-Pedic Double Diamond Box Spring construction is the finest available with 22 percent more coils than is standard for extra support and durability, and 50 percent more coils in the center third of the box spring to support the body better. Extra-heavy-duty 8.75- gauge coil wire compared to the standard 9.5- to 10-gauge wire.
- Box spring contains a layer of organic staple cotton padding for added support for the underside of the mattress.
- Brass corner guards on all corners, rather than the plastic ones that break off easily.
- Heavy-duty organic cotton fabric covers the underside of the box spring (instead of the thin synthetic sheeting that commonly droops and frays easily).
- Sizes: twin 38x75; twin xl 38x80; full 53x75; queen 60x80; cal king 72x84; eastern king 76x80. What is the difference between a (California king and Eastern king?).
- Overall mattress height to the floor is approximately 23" with the 8" mattress, 7.75" thick box spring, and a 7" metal frame.
Complete information on Royal Pedic delivery services, trial period, and return policy.
Need a special size mattress? Royal Pedic mattresses can be made to order in just about any size and shape you desire. Read more about a RoyalPedic custom made mattress.
Note: Doctor's note from an M.D. or D.C. required to purchase this organic model. Why? Because this mattress does not contain Royal Pedic's French Wool Wrap, which naturally provides a fire barrier to pass Federal standards.