Deluxe Reverse Osmosis Water System
Made in USA
Reverse osmosis purification improves both the taste and quality of your water. It reduces up to 99% of the chlorine, as well as objectionable odors and sediment. Reverse osmosis water filtration also reduces the following hard water contaminants that may be present in your water: lead, copper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, selenium, aluminum, arsenic, sulfate, calcium, phosphate, iron, magnesium, zinc, chloride, silicate, cyanide, sulfate, bacteria, potassium, nickel, silver, bicarbonate, manganese, and ammonium.
Reverse osmosis is the optimal way to rid water of impurities. Specially designed to utilize home water line pressure to push tap water through a special membrane. This process significantly reduces the contaminants and conveniently rinses them down the drain.
Genesis Series uses the highest quality components and follows strict quality control procedures. All units are water tested to ensure that the membrane is rejecting properly, and that the autoshut-off and check valve function when pressurized.
This system hides away under your sink and puts healthy great-tasting water at your fingertips. Reverse osmosis meets all your water quality needs at a fraction of the cost of bottled water; costs just pennies a gallon to operate. Compare that to the price of bottled water! And you don't have to carry home those heavy bottles of water. Replaceable cartridges last up to 1 year or 1,000 gallons.
The under-counter water purifying unit is easy to install (usually takes around 2 hours if you have never installed one before). The system comes complete with a space-saving, 4-gallon storage tank and all the necessary fittings, including a long-reach, lead-free, chrome faucet. For cold water use only. Maximum water temperature is 100 degrees F. Maximum water pressure is 80 psi; minimum water pressure is 40 psi (if below 40 psi, a booster pump is needed, please contact our customer service department for more information). Maximum water flow is 1 gallon per minute. Pressure gauge shows safe range of pressure.
Not for use where water is microbiologically unsafe or with water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the unit.
Filter unit measures 17" x 15.5" x 7.5" and weighs 12.3 pounds; tank is 14.5" high x 10.75" diameter and weighs 9 pounds. Four of the filters should be replaced annually and come packaged conveniently in one kit (item 16368KF includes filters for stages 1, 2, 3, and 5). The other filter, a thin film composite (TFC) membrane, should be replaced every 5 to 7 years. Replacement filters are available below.
Premium features: color-coded tubing comes attached to unit; shut-off valve on unit and on feed water; 5-year warranty; USA flag sticker.
All filters, hardware, and installation/instruction manual included (hardware includes feed water adapter, feed water valve, drain saddle valve, tank valve, and screws). Made in USA. 5-year mfg. warranty.
Information about the 5 stage process for those who like ALL of the details:
- Stage 1 Sediment Pre-Filter: A pre-filter sediment cartridge is utilized, which because of the fine micron rating, is effective in removing dirt and sand particles.
- Stage 2 KDF and Carbon Pre-Filter: The high-quality KDF and carbon prefilter provides enhanced reduction of taste, odor, and color. It also removes heavy metals to extend the life of the membrane and improve membrane performance.
- Stage 3 Secondary Carbon Pre-Filter: This secondary carbon pre-filter provides effective filtration and does not release carbon dust. It provides for improved membrane performance.
- Stage 4 High Capacity Reverse Osmosis Membrane: A thin film composite (TFC) high quality membrane that can process up to 25 gallons per day.
- Stage 5 Final Carbon Post-Filter: This filter provides final polishing of processed water leaving the storage tank.