Microwave leakage detector
| Microwave oven leak detector with digital read out - - Do you ever watch your leftovers reheat in the microwave? If that oven has a defective seal, you could be engaging in risky behavior. You might be exposing yourself (and your family or your employees and customers) to dangerous levels of microwave radiation without knowing it. Microwave radiation is known to cause cataracts, birth defects, cancer, and other serious health problems including nervous system damage, headaches, and pacemaker interference.
The following conditions can cause microwave leakage:
Microwave oven leakage is serious business. Warning labels are included in every owner's manual. The FDA takes this problem so seriously that it has set legal limits on the amount of leakage permitted: New ovens cannot exceed 1mW/cm2 (milliWatts/centimeter2 or a unit of radiated energy power). In addition, any leak that exceeds 5mW/cm2 at a distance of 2 inches from a microwave oven after you purchase the oven is prohibited (FDA Part 1030.10c).
- Slamming the oven door
- Basic wear and tear
- Broken or missing door glass
- Manufacturing defects
- Food-particle buildup around door seals.
Our digital microwave leakage detector tells you how much your oven is leaking. This affordable digital microwave leakage meter is a must for every household, office, nursing home, restaurant, dormitory, and RV that has a microwave oven.
Because the meter is sensitive all the way down to 0.01mW/cm2 and highly accurate, it will not miss harmful levels of radiation. In addition to giving you an accurate digital reading of the amount of leakage from your microwave oven, this meter signals with an audible beep and red flashing light when it senses microwaves above the 5mW/cm2 danger threshold. Professional instruments capable of providing this same information typically cost $500 or more.
Dimensions: 5"L x 2"W x 1"D. 1-year mfg. warranty. Buy one for yourself and one for a friend. Don't forget your college student. Great stocking stuffer. Carrying case included.
- Easier to use than a TV remote!
- Just press two buttons and point the meter at the operating oven.
- Sensitivity to a wide range of frequencies
- Sensitivity down to 0.01mW/cm2 at 2450MHz.
- Reads up to 9.99mW/cm2 in hundredths of mW/cm2.
- As a bonus, you can also use this meter to measure radiated power from wireless keyboards, modems, cell phones, and all other wireless devices that use the 2450 MHz analog frequency.
- Uses a standard 9V battery
- Guaranteed accurate to within 1dB.
- Fully compliant with CE emission standards.
Microwave Oven Leak Detector has
2 user ratings out of 5 stars
, September 4, 2012
Posted By: kevin ball Location: berkeley,ca How often do you shop at Comfort House: first time
microwave leak detector
, January 22, 2012
Posted By: Bob Faust Location: Pittsburgh PA How often do you shop at Comfort House: first time