Kitchen scalesA kitchen scale is an essential tool for bakers and weight watchers. The Comfort House team has put together an assortment of specialized kitchen scales. One of our favorites is the remarkable Taylor 3890 Measuring Cup Scale. This kitchen tool measures both weight and volume; it digitally weighs foods and liquids. Features include auto zero, add and weigh, auto shut-off. The Taylor measuring cup scale makes measuring really easy. It's preprogrammed to convert five popular ingredients (water, milk, oil, sugar, and flour) from ounces (weight) to cups (volume). Another favorite is the Escali Nutritional Scale that displays calories, protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, sodium, and cholesterol on an LCD display.
Five important things you might not know about digital scales:
Section authored by Jeffrey Gornstein. Results 1-8 of 8 products.
- Digital scales are not designed to function properly in cold temperatures (usually considered below 50 degrees). So if your new scale just came off a cold delivery truck, please allow it to warm up for at least an hour.
- Electromagnetic disturbances from a nearby radio or microwave can affect the digital display. You may need to move either the scale or the source of disturbance.
- A low battery can affect the proper function of a digital scale, so be sure to replace the batteries as soon as the low battery indicator appears on the display.
- Digital scales are not waterproof. Use a damp cloth to wipe clean.
- Uneven and soft surfaces will cause inaccurate measurements. Always use your digital scale on a hard, level, and even surface. (Thanks to Escali Scales for providing this important information.)