Heated towel stand
Warmrails use a new dry-element technology called Filatherm, which is similar to the elements used in radiant under-floor heating for energy-efficient heat.
Warmrails Heated Towel Stands are designed to run continuously 24/7 and to both dry and warm your towels. Cost to run is similar or less than the cost of running a regular light bulb.
- In general, if you use a bath towel in the evening, it will be dry and warm when you use it in the morning. For fastest drying time, have fewer layers of towels so the moisture can pass through quickly.
- For maximum warmth, use multiple layers of towels to trap the heat. The more layers and the more towels the better.
- If your Warmrails is not running continuously, allow at least 2 to 3 hours for the warmth to build up in the fibers of the towel. (NOTE: Don't expect to have warm towels in 10 minutes - - only a tumble dryer can heat towels so quickly.)
Usage information from the manufacturer: For maximum warmth, remember layers, layers, layers. Because toweling is made of loose fibers, a single layer of towel means that the heat simply passes through the towel. This is great when you just want your towels to dry quickly, as the heat takes the moisture with it. But in winter when you want towels the warmest, this technique isn't going to give you much satisfaction. Try experimenting with how many layers you fold your towel into. Also remember that the very outer layer of towel may be quite cold, because cold air is circulating around the bathroom, basically taking the heat with it as it moves past your towel. In this case (or you have a particularly drafty or air conditioned bathroom), try placing an additional towel on top of the towel you want warmest. The extra towel will have an insulating effect, and the towels beneath will be toasty warm.
Keeping the rails of your Warmrail insulated by layers is most effective, so drape the towels over the top rail to hang evenly on either side. This technique tents the unit and helps trap the heat. Any part of the towel hanging below the bottom heated rail will not get the benefit of the heat (since heat rises). This law of physics is also why your towel will be warmest where it is in contact with the top rail, especially if you have a good amount of layers to trap this heat.
Recommended for use year-round. Even in the humid summer months the Warmrail will keep your towels dry and stop them from smelling musty. In addition, although Warmrails aren't designed to heat rooms, they do help to reduce dampness in poorly ventilated bathrooms. This is great news for rooms that suffer from mold and mildew growth.
Additional uses for Warmrails - - Try putting your coats, jackets, and mittens on the Warmrail to make them nice and warm the next time you want to wear them. Perfect for drying ski and snowboarding clothing. Warmrails can also be used to gently dry delicate laundry items that can't be tumbled dry.
Dimensions (wall mount): 21"W x 3.75"D x 32.5"H.
Dimensions (free standing): 21"W x 6.25"D x 34"H.
120 volts; AC; 80 watts; 7' power cord with entry on right side; UL & cUL approved. Finishes: chrome or satin nickel.
- You should expect to receive delivery within 4-7 business days in the USA unless a special delivery time is noted in the product description.
- Air delivery and specific carrier options are also available in your shopping cart.
- If you select air delivery for an item with a special delivery time noted in the product description, your product will not be finished any quicker but will ship via the chosen method when it is ready to ship.
- If you require a delivery quicker than options shown in your shopping cart, please contact customer service.
- Canada and International delivery time information is shown in shopping cart.
We've been in business for 26 years.
Our product reviews are 100% verified.
We ship worldwide.
Average staff tenure 13.5 years.
We have an A+ rating with the BBB.
Transactions are safe and secure.