| The SoftHeat throw from Perfect Fit Industries is the only electric throw (also known as an electric afghan or lap blanket) that meets UL standard for non-hazardous voltage. Low voltage Safe & Warm technology makes this the world's safest heated throw. Operates using less than 25 volts!
Traditionally all UL-listed electric throws in North America have operated at 120 volts. This throw blanket, however, operates with non-hazardous low voltage, providing you with the safest electric throw ever produced. So turn down your thermostat and still stay toasty warm.
In addition to being safe, the low-voltage Soft Heat electric throw is exceptionally soft, cozy, and comfortable. It is made of plush microfiber with thin wires that are virtually unnoticeable. Decorative lines, or ribs, run horizontally across it. Each rib is spaced apart by approximately one inch. It is so attractive that you'll want to keep it draped over your sofa all year round (just store the controls in your closet).
Unlike other warming throws, the low-voltage throw includes a power supply box that changes 120 volt AC current (normal household current in North America) into non-hazardous low voltage DC current (similar to a battery) to assure that the throw never causes you an electric shock. Power supply box is approximately 8.625"L x 2.5"D x 3"H.
Throw ships with controller, power supply box, 6' power supply cord, 6' controller cord, and 10' controller cord. Outer shell is 100 percent polyester. Size: 45" x 60". Colors: natural, beige, garnet red, sage, night shadow. UL listed. 5-year mfg. warranty. Imported from China.
- Automatic preheat feature warms to your dial setting in about 15 minutes and delivers consistent and even heat distribution.
- However, neither your throw nor chair will feel hot to the touch. Low voltage throws produce enough heat to keep you warm and comfortable while sitting. They are not designed to produce enough heat to make the chair hot. We suggest you spend several days experimenting with the settings until you find your personal comfort level.
- Automatic shutoff after 10 hours.
- Luxuriate in gentle, all-over, consistent warmth - - no hot or cold spots.
- Lighted, simple-to-use controller has large, easy-to-read numbers and on/off switch. Settings range is LO, 1-9, HI. Silent, no-click operation; non-slip back.
- Machine wash; tumble dry.
Authored by Jeffrey Gornstein.