| Bark Free - - The Bark Free, developed by
veterinary technicians, is the humane and effective
way to help curb boredom or loneliness barking. Helps teach puppies not to bark. Bark Free uses a specially designed speaker that picks up a dog's bark and then sends out a corrective tone to keep the dog from barking.
When placed near the neighbor's dog or you own, Bark
Free is designed to turn on automatically
when barking occurs. Its unique bark pick-up
sensitivity adjustment allows you to set the
microphone to activate the dog's bark. This technology eliminates
the chance of false sound readings and automatically
turns off when barking stops.
Bark Free can be used effectively for up to two dogs at a time that are within 25' of the unobstructed unit. It picks up barking with a built-in microphone and emits a loud ultrasonic sound that only the dogs can hear. It may take some time to get the desired results as it is considered a training process. Eventually the dogs will associate the unbearable sound with their barking, keeping them under control.
The placement of the Bark Free is important because ultrasonic sound patterns do not penetrate solid materials. The ultrasonic sound is deflected or absorbed within the environment. Hard surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal, plastic, and window glass will deflect the sound. Soft surfaces such as grass, plants, or bedding can absorb the sound. The unit should normally be placed at a height of 2' to 4' off the ground, facing in the direction of the dogs, with no obstructions between the Bark Free and the dogs. Think "open line of sight."
Any hard or solid object or surface, such as fencing or foliage, will deflect the sound and prevent Bark Free from working. For example, if the dogs bark inside their doghouse, the unit should be placed facing the open entrance into the doghouse or the ultrasound won't reach the dogs effectively.
Comfort House customers have been using Bark Free for more than 10 years and it has proven to be effective when used properly. Here are some tips to know whether the dog you wish to train is a Bark Free candidate:
To determine the best sound frequency for preventing
barking, Bark Free also has an audible sound selector.
The selector can be set either for higher sound frequencies
that only dogs can hear or for lower sound
tones that are also audible to humans. Both
sounds help in controlling dogs
- If the problem is older dogs or a breed with congenital hearing problems, Bark Free will not help. Dogs that are unable to hear the ultrasonic sounds emitted will ignore the device.
- If there is a lot of other noise close to the dogs, Bark Free will not help. The ultrasonic sound emitted is drowned out by the other noise.
- If the problem is a dog barking in another apartment unit, Bark Free will not help. Bark Free is not designed to penetrate apartment building walls.
- If the problem is barking by more than 2 dogs, Bark Free will not help. It works efficiently on up to 2 dogs only at a time.
- If the problem is hyperactive, territorial, or protective barking, Bark Free will not help. Bark Free was designed to curb boredom or loneliness barking. If barking is hyperactive, territorial, or protective barking, the dog will ignore the device completely.
- If there is no clear line of sight between Bark Free and the barking dog, Bark Free will not help. The speakers must be unobstructed for the sound to travel freely. In addition, the microphone that picks up the barking sound must not be covered.
Bark Free covers 1250 square feet of outdoor or
indoor space (coverage area is in front of the unit). Unit measures 3.5"x1"x5.5"; weighs 3 lbs.
Includes a mounting bracket (for attachment to
wall, fence, or stake), ac adapter with 50' outdoor
extension cord, and a vinyl rain cover for outdoor use.
120V AC; 60Hz; 18 watts. UL and CE listed. 1-year mfg. warranty.
A Comfort House customer favorite for over 15 years!