| Wood Hour Glass - - 60 minute wood hourglass / sand timer. 9" tall. Cherry finish.
Hourglasses were originally used on ships as early as the 11th century as a way of measuring time and speed at sea. In the 16th century, hourglasses were used in churches to measure sermon lengths and in factories to calculate time for manufacturing procedures. An ideal gift for teachers, professionals, friends, and family.
- Accurate to within 60 seconds per hour.
- The hourglass is an enduring and beautiful work of art that provides a silent, accurate, and unobtrusive channel of time. No batteries required!
- A decorative case with artistically turned wooden spindles supports the hourglass.
- The sand flows within an individually handcrafted mouth-blown glass chamber.
- The sand is screened to remove particles too large and too small, then baked completely dry to eliminate any chance for condensation to form. The sand is measured into the glass in a controlled environment, baked a second time, and capped.
- Real wood with a cherry finish.
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 5.5" x 9"H.
- 2-year mfg. warranty.
- Comfort House 67950F.