| Reverse Osmosis Water Purification System - - 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis System for value priced water purification without using chemicals or electricity.
Reverse osmosis purification improves both the taste and quality of your water. It reduces up to 99% of the chlorine, as well as objectionable odors and sediment. Reverse osmosis water filtration also reduces the following hard water contaminants that may be present in your water: lead, copper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, selenium, aluminum, arsenic, sulfate, calcium, phosphate, iron, magnesium, zinc, chloride, silicate, cyanide, sulfate, bacteria, potassium, nickel, silver, bicarbonate, manganese, and ammonium.
This system hides away under your sink and puts healthy great-tasting water at your fingertips. It meets all your water quality needs at a fraction of the cost of bottled water; it costs just pennies a gallon to operate. Compare that to the price of bottled water! And you don't have to carry home those heavy bottles of water. Replaceable cartridges last up to 1 year or 1,000 gallons.
The under-counter water purifying unit is easy to install (usually takes around 2 hours if you have never installed one before). The system comes complete with a space-saving, 4-gallon storage tank and all the necessary fittings, including a long-reach, lead-free, chrome faucet. For cold water use only. Maximum water temperature is 100 degrees F. Maximum water pressure is 80 psi; minimum water pressure is 40 psi (if below 40 psi, a booster pump is needed, please contact our customer service department for more information). Maximum water flow is 1 gallon per minute.
Not for use where water is microbiologically unsafe or with water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the unit.
Filter unit measures 17" x 16.5" x 6.5" and weighs 11 pounds; tank is 14.5" high x 10.75" diameter and weighs 9 pounds. Four of the filters should be replaced annually and come packaged conveniently in one kit (item 16364KF includes filters for stages 1, 2, 3, and 5). The other filter, a thin film composite (TFC) membrane, should be replaced every 5 to 7 years. Tank and inline postfilter are NSF listed to ensure high quality and performance. Replacement filters are available below.
Most components on Economy System are imported. 1-year mfg. warranty. All filters, hardware, and installation/instruction manual included (hardware includes feed water adapter, feed water valve, drain saddle valve, tank valve, and screws).
Information about the 5 stage process for those who like ALL of the details:
Available separately below: Water quality meter 16379F to measure and monitor the performance of your RO system. Ice maker kit 16380F connects the RO system to the ice maker of your freezer.
- Stage 1 Sediment Pre-Filter: A pre-filter sediment cartridge is utilized, which because of the fine micron rating, is effective in removing dirt and sand particles.
- Stage 2 Initial Carbon Pre-Filter: The high quality carbon pre-filter provides enhanced reduction of taste, odor, and color.
- Stage 3 Secondary Carbon Pre-Filter: This secondary carbon pre-filter provides effective filtration and does not release carbon dust. It provides for improved membrane performance.
- Stage 4 High Capacity Reverse Osmosis Membrane: A thin film composite (TFC) high quality membrane that can process up to 50 gallons per day.
- Stage 5 Final Carbon Post-Filter: This filter provides final polishing of processed water leaving the storage tank.